Since getting a new nail art brush, I decided to try a little bit with making a flower. I also felt like using colors I don’t normally use, which are green and purple. I tend to navigate to black, white, shades of pink, and even some shades of blues.
To get this look, you need:
- Super Star by Pure Ice, or any white nail polish
- Black Onyx by O.P.I. Nail Lacquer, or any black nail polish
- Beware by Pure Ice, or any fine glitter
- Silver Sparkler by Salon Perfect, or any chunky hexagonal-shaped glitter
- Peas and Quiet by Pure Ice
- Laven-Dare by Pure Ice
- Purple Pop! by Salon Perfect
- I Just Can’t Cope-acabana by O.P.I. Nail Lacquer
- French tip nail art guide – curved shaped
- Small nail art dotting tool
- Fine nail art brush
- scrape piece of paper or a small plastic plate
Following the picture, paint the following nails with the following colors:
- Pinky, pointer, and thumb nails – 2 coats of Peas and Quiet by Pure Ice (light lime green color)
- Middle finger – 1 coat of Beware by Pure Ice, or any fine glitter
- Ring Finger – 2 coats of white nail polish
Once each of the nails are done:
Paint 1 or 2 coats of the Silver Sparkler by Salon Perfect, or any chunky hexagonal-shaped glitter over the top of the fine glitter coat. Let dry, and this look is done for this style
Once the white nail polish is done, place the nail art sticker guides over it, leaving some space in between. For my look, because of the length of my nails, I only needed 4 of the nail art sticker guides for each of my ring fingers. Yours will depend on how longer your nail is, and how wide you want your stripes to be. I tried to evenly place mine. After the sticker guides are in place, use the black nail polish, and paint over the whole nail, including the stripes. You should need only 1 coat, but depending on the thickness or thinness of your nail polish that you choose, you may need more than one coat.
Let that coat dry for about 5 minutes, and then carefully peel them off, across the nail, in the direction of the length of the sticker guide. Let the black nail polish completely dry before painting the flower.
For the flower, I used the small dotting tool, and for each petal, I painted a somewhat pear shape using the Laven-Dare nail polish. I let that dry for about 5 minutes and then used my nail art brush to fill in the middle and half of each of the petals, using the Purple Pop! nail polish color. I used a slight outward flicking motion to get it to look a little jagged. I let this dry for about 10 minutes, and then used the yellow nail polish to place 3 dots in the middle of the flower, using the nail art dotting tool. After that, I outlined the flower in black, used the nail art brush.
Just a note, this is just a hobby for me. I’m not a professional, and only do this for sheer enjoyment. Not every nail art design online is perfect, but I do try. With time, I’m sure I’ll get better, hence, why this is a nail art journey for me. I hope that if you try it, and yours turned out better, please do share. 🙂
Leave a Reply